Teaching Resources for Postdocs
Teaching Assistance: http://teach.ufl.edu/
Teaching More Effectively Workshop Series: http://www.teachingcenter.ufl.edu/ta_development.html
Sponsored by the Graduate School & the Teaching Center
Free workshops for teaching assistants and other graduate students who want to improve their instructional skills are conducted each semester. There are two strands of workshops: "Improving Your Teaching" and "Using Technology to Enhance Learning." Postdocs are welcome to attend, though certificates are not available for postdocs.
E-Learning Support Services
Need assistance teaching using Sakai? Visit: https://lss.at.ufl.edu/
- Sign up for face-to-face training on using the e-Learning system and Elluminate, the virtual classroom too
- Request a course shell website
- See the FAQ’s and tutorials on using the e-Learning syste
- Contact e-Learning Support Service
- Elluminate Virtual classroom tool Elluminate (NOTE: service is currently available only to the colleges that have paid for licensing
- TurningPoint (clickers) -- classroom response system
- Turnitin -- Anti-plagiarism services, as well as rubric, peer evaluation, and grading too
- Center for Instructional Technology and Training (CITT)
The Center for Instructional Technology and Training (CITT), located in 2215 Turlington Hall, has specialized software and equipment to help you develop online courses and use technology more effectively in the classroom. Educational Technicians are available (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm) to assist you with course development.
- e-Learning Support Services Training Opportunities
Learning Opportunities using centrally-supported technology.
- Lynda.com Training Library
lynda.com is an online training resource partner of UF. lynda.com's online training library has over 1,100 courses, ranging from Web development, animation, and video graphics to courses in business software and Microsoft SharePoint training. Go to the UF IT site and click on the Lynda.com logo to access the courses.